Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use. Using water wisely:
- Saves money on your utility bill.
- Nurtures green spaces that deliver real environmental benefits.
- Protects your community’s water supply for generations to come.
- Minimizes needed investments in infrastructure to store and carry water, which must be paid for by property taxes or municipal bonds.
Automatic watering or sprinkler systems – known in the trade as irrigation systems – deliver exactly the right amount of water at the right time. Efficient irrigation systems:
- Minimize overwatering while keeping your lawn and garden beautiful and healthy.
- Adjust watering automatically to account for rain and other conditions.
- Put every drop of water to work by minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Make maintaining your yard easy and convenient.
With just a few simple strategies, it’s easy to save water, save money and see better results.