The Irrigation Association is educating irrigation professionals and the public with some sensible programs and promotions for water efficient products and services. The first of these, called WaterSense, is a voluntary public-private partnership program sponsored by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Its mission is to protect the future of our nation’s water supply by promoting and enhancing the market for more water-efficient products and services.
WaterSense recommends these simple methods of saving water:
For Lawns & Landscapes:
• Water lawns and gardens during the coolest part of the day, such as early morning, when there’s less evaporation
• Set Sprinklers to ensure they’re watering grass and plants, not getting on the street or sidewalk
• Use soaker hoses or trickle irrigation systems for trees and shrubs
Use Your Appliances Wisely:
• Wash only Full Loads
• Scrape off dishes before loading into the dishwasher, don’t rinse them
• Replace old washers with Energy Star qualified appliances that use less water
Replace Leaky Toilets:
• Use high-efficiency models that use less than 1.3 gallons per flush
Conserve Drinking Water:
• Keep cold water in the refrigerator don’t run water out of tap until it is cold
• If you can, use left over water for other projects such as watering plants or cleaning
Please call Morris & Bergen Irrigation at (973) 628-7077, who is certified through a WaterSense program and we can design, install and most of all, maintain your system to ensure optimal efficiency.