Irrigation systems need regular maintenance to keep them working efficiently year after year. Damage from lawn equipment or neglecting to have Morris & Bergen Irrigation winterize can cause leaks and other serious problems.
- Inspect your system monthly. Check for leaks, broken or clogged sprinkler heads, and other problems. Clean clogged screens and micro-irrigation filters as needed.
- Adjust sprinkler heads. Remove or correct obstructions that prevent sprinklers from distributing water evenly. Adjust sprinkler head positions and spray patterns to avoid watering sidewalks or structures and to provide necessary clearance over growing plants.
- Check the pressure. Pressure can change over time and negatively affect system efficiency.
- Inspect the system for leaks. Leaks are a huge water waster. Morris & Bergen Irrigation can perform regular maintenance checks for leaks, broken or clogged spray heads, and other problems. Ask our technician to show you common problems to watch for between visits.
- Install a rain shutoff switch. These inexpensive sensors can be retrofitted to almost any system and help compensate for natural rainfall by turning off your system in rainy weather.
- Consider “smart” technology. Climate or soil moisture sensor-based controllers evaluate weather or soil moisture conditions and then automatically adjust the irrigation schedule to meet the specific needs of your landscape.
- Consider low volume, micro-irrigation for gardens, trees and shrubs. Drip (or trickle) irrigation, micro spray jets, micro-sprinklers and bubbler irrigation all apply a very small amount of water, slowly and precisely, minimizing evaporation, runoff and overspray.
- Have your system audited. Hire Morris & Bergen Irrigation to conduct an irrigation audit and uniformity test to verify areas are being watered evenly and appropriately, and make necessary adjustments.
- Look for savings. Many water utilities offer rebates for certain water-efficient products. When upgrading your system, consult with your local water provider.
- Winterize in the fall. Morris & Bergen Irrigations owns specialized equipment that will flush out water that could freeze and crack pipes, valves and sprinklers.
Work with an Irrigation Professional
Even the best irrigation design won’t perform well if installed incorrectly or using inferior components. Make sure your system will operate at peak efficiency for years to come by working with Morris & Bergen Irrigation, an irrigation expert who:
- Has specialized understanding of irrigation principles, technology and techniques.
- Understands local environmental conditions and can help you choose low water plants and grass that will flourish.
- Will ensure your system complies with local building codes for licensing, backflow prevention, installation and more.
A Morris & Bergen Irrigation system will help keep your lawn green throughout the season. This summer we invite you to sit back, relax and let Morris & Bergen Irrigation improve the quality of your life!